We’re seeking an energetic marketing professional to help take SPARC to the next level!
Application Deadline: October 26
The extraordinary quality of SPARC’s programs deserves marketing that will allow as many people as possible to experience SPARC’s classes, camps, productions, and special events. You’ll work side-by-side with a positive, collaborative, creative team of professionals, within a dynamically growing organization filled with leaders who are committed to profoundly influencing the lives of young people.
This is a full-time position, with benefits.
A full-time position reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive and effective marketing, communications, and public relations strategy that increases participation in SPARC’s programs and events.
The position increases the visibility of SPARC locally, regionally, and nationally. The position is responsible for significantly expanding constituents for SPARC’s programs and events, and will be involved in identifying and promoting collaborative opportunities with local and regional organizations.
The Director of Marketing works closely with the Executive Director, key members of the SPARC staff, and volunteers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Market enrollment in classes, camps, and other earned revenue programs.
- Develop audiences for SPARC’s ticketed events, including our season of productions and LIVE ART
- Manage the editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all SPARC publications.
- Manage digital communications, including website, social media, and e-newsletters.
- Manage the SPARC brand, visual identity, and organizational messaging.
- Manage marketing assets, such as photography, video, testimonials, and other materials.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the marketing budget, and develop evaluation systems to ensure achievement of SPARC’s goals and financial objectives.
- Coordinate media interest in SPARC, ensuring effective press release strategy, regular contact with target media, and appropriate response to media requests.
- Manage relationships with partners where cross-promotion can be mutually beneficial.
- Collaborate with other staff on new and refined program, development, and communications initiatives.
- Ensure that the organization regularly conducts market research and customer satisfaction research.
- Engage, organize, and motivate volunteers as needed to achieve marketing goals.
- Keep up-to-date on trends in the marketing and nonprofit communities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or other member of the senior leadership team.
The Director of Marketing’s chief objective is the growth of SPARC’s earned revenue (tuition and ticket sales).
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Tenacious enthusiasm. SPARC’s programs profoundly influence young people’s lives, and we need someone whose mission is ensuring that as many people as possible to gain from that experience.
- Positive communicator. We want someone who can be counted on to focus on the positive, inspire the team, value his/her colleagues, and have enthusiasm for representing SPARC to groups large and small.
- Self-starter, self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done on time. Aside from engaging the collaboration and participation of fellow staff members, the marketing department is a department of one.
- Positive attitude. Our team succeeds when all members have a can-do spirit, are fun to be around, and do not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in SPARC, and we need someone who makes complex things seem simple.
- Trustworthy. Our team and constituents need to be able to count on the follow-through and responsiveness of the person in this role.
- Adaptive. We need someone who is able to handle unexpected situations in stride, and who finds a new path to the objective, regardless of the obstacle.
- Committed to excellence. We give our students, families, faculty, and the community a “wow experience” with SPARC at every opportunity.
- Appetite for learning. With methods and practices in a state of constant innovation, we need someone with a voracious appetite for experimentation and learning.
- Facility with technology. Technology must be second nature, because the field of marketing and the demands of a comprehensive set of responsibilities require that this person enthusiastically embrace technology.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing or a related field.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in marketing, preferably within the nonprofit sector.
- Technical: Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, and facility with WordPress, HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Transportation: Possesses a car, valid driver’s license, and acceptable driving record.
- Availability to work outside typical business hours for special events and marketing opportunities.
- Enthusiasm for details, organization, and deadlines.
Please submit the following materials to SPARC@sparconline.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Portfolio samples, including a writing sample and publication(s) you’ve had a hand in producing
- Contact information for personal and professional references