All youth deserve the opportunity to experience exceptional performance arts education, regardless of their ability to pay. At SPARC, we work hard to make sure tuition costs are not a barrier to personal growth, creative expression, and community connections. Each year, as many as 1/3 of program participants can access scholarships, thanks to generous community donations.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Families only need to apply for a scholarship once per programmatic year. You are no longer required to reapply for scholarships with each new registration. This means that if you apply for a scholarship for Fall 2022 classes, you won’t need to reapply again for Winter 2023 classes or Summer 2023 camps. If you applied for a scholarship between fall 2021 and summer 2022, you will need to reapply for programs that take place between fall 2022 and summer 2023.
To be considered for a scholarship, be sure to submit your application before the program’s due date. Application due dates for upcoming programs are included below.•
• Spectrum cast members – rolling applications throughout winter 2023. Contact us for more information about joining Spectrum.
• Summer Camp participants – applications due by April 26, 2023.
1. Before you complete and submit your scholarship application, please contact our office. We will hold a spot for your student in their preferred program while you work on your scholarship application. Please wait to enroll in class until you’ve heard from SPARC by email with details about your scholarship award level.
2. Use this online form to complete and submit your scholarship request.
3. After you submit your application, we will contact you by email to confirm your award level. Scholarship award emails are sent at least one week before programs begin. Scholarship awards range from approximately 25% to 95%. Additional information about the scholarship award process is included in the online application.
4. When we send your award amount, we will also provide you with the information you’ll need to enroll your student(s) and apply your scholarship award to discount the cost accordingly
Are you a teenager who needs to cover program costs on your own? If so, please call or email us to discuss how we can help you to address payments. We look forward to talking with you!
JERI CUTLER-VOLTZ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
SPARC was founded in 1981 by Richmond actress Jeri Cutler-Voltz. Jeri’s vision was to train young actors to become “triple threats” accomplished in acting, dancing, and singing. Soon after Jeri’s death in 1998, the Jeri Cutler-Voltz Memorial Scholarship was established to recognize and celebrate up to three dedicated young artists who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to SPARC and its values.
Three scholarship awardees will receive free tuition for their participation in one 2023 SPARC summer program. Nominees must be a rising 8th grader through graduating senior in high school as of summer 2023. Other eligibility criteria are detailed in the nomination form. All nominations are due by April 26, 2023.
If you have questions about the scholarship application process, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 804.353.3393 ext. 221.