SPARC works hard to ensure access to arts education for every youth. Each year, over 100 students are awarded scholarships on the basis of need, totaling over $40,000 in tuition support.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Families only need to apply for a scholarship once per programmatic year. You are no longer required to reapply for scholarships with each new registration. This means that if you apply for a scholarship for Fall 2022 classes, you won’t need to reapply again for Winter 2023 classes or Summer 2023 camps. If you applied for a scholarship between fall 2021 and summer 2022, you will need to reapply for programs that take place between fall 2022 and summer 2023.
To be considered for a scholarship, be sure to submit your application before the program’s due date. Application due dates for upcoming programs are included below.
• StageCraft participants – applications due by October 4, 2022
• Spectrum cast members – applications due by October 12, 2022
• Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime cast members – applications due by October 14, 2022
• Winter Training Classes & Workshop participants – applications due by January 11, 2023
1. Before you complete and submit your scholarship application, please contact our office. We will hold a spot for your student in their preferred program while you work on your scholarship application. Please wait to enroll in class until you’ve heard from SPARC by email with details about your scholarship award level.
2. Use this online form to complete and submit your scholarship request.
3. After you submit your application, we will contact you by email to confirm your award level. Scholarship award emails are sent at least one week before programs begin. Scholarship awards range from approximately 25% to 95%. Additional information about the scholarship award process is included in the online application.
4. When we send your award amount, we will also provide you with the information you’ll need to enroll your student(s) and apply your scholarship award to discount the cost accordingly.
Are you a teenager who needs to cover program costs on your own? If so, please call or email us to discuss how we can help you to address payments. We look forward to talking with you!
If you have questions about these changes or about the scholarship application process, please contact our office at email@example.com, or call us at 804.353.3393 ext. 221.