We’re seeking an experienced institutional development professional to take on SPARC’s growing support among corporations and foundations!
Application Deadline: October 26
As SPARC’s community engagement continues to grow, so does the importance of maintaining strong relationships with the corporate and foundation community, and we need someone who can help SPARC maintain and grow its support from these sectors.
You’ll work side-by-side with a positive, collaborative, creative team of development professionals, within a dynamically growing organization filled with leaders who are committed to profoundly influencing the lives of young people.
SPARC’s growing development department has a full-time Senior Director of Development (Candace Mraz), a part-time Director of Development (Jodi Gray), both of whom are focused on direct meetings with donors and constituents. They are joined by a part-time Development Coordinator (Nick Nevi), who keeps these activities organized by handling the data, correspondence, and record keeping for this fast-paced team.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
A full-time position reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for the planning and execution of corporate and foundation giving.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporations, corporate foundations, and private foundations.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive proactive annual plan for expanding and enhancing corporate and foundation relationships, including grant writing and securing sponsorships.
- Work with SPARC development staff and volunteers to plan and execute special events that will raise the visibility of SPARC while drawing corporate and foundation donors and prospects closer.
- Manage a calendar of grant reporting and grant application deadlines.
- Attend monthly meetings with fundraising volunteer leadership.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development or Executive Director.
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Positive attitude. Our team succeeds when all members have a can-do spirit, are fun to be around, and do not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Self-starter, self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done on time.
- Detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in SPARC, and we need someone who makes complex things seem simple.
- Positive communicator. We want someone who can be counted on to focus on the positive, inspire the team, value his/her colleagues.
- Trustworthy. Our team and constituents need to be able to count on the follow-through and responsiveness of the person in this role.
- Decisive. Though senior leadership is always available to support you with sensitive problems, we need someone comfortable making decisions and judgment calls.
- Adaptive. We need someone who is able to handle unexpected situations in stride, and who is prepared and capable to step in for a member of his/her team at a moment’s notice.
- Committed to excellence. We give our students, families, faculty, and the community a “wow experience” with SPARC at every opportunity.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: At least 3-5 years’ demonstrated successful corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience. Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development.
- Technical: Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, e-mail communication, and database management (preferably Salesforce).
- Transportation: Possesses a car, valid driver’s license, and acceptable driving record.
- Availability to work occasionally outside typical business hours for special events and deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for details, organization, and deadlines.
Please submit the following materials to SPARC@sparconline.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Portfolio samples, including writing samples (correspondence and grant application)
- Contact information for personal and professional references