Saturday, October 31st from 4:00-5:30pm
Open to all!
Join us for a FREE family-friendly, socially-distanced Halloween parade on Saturday, October 31 from 4:00pm to 5:30pm in the SPARC parking lot (2106 N Hamilton St). Arrive when you can and leave when you need to! We hope you’ll swing by for a few minutes of fun before embarking on your other Halloween adventures.
Dress up as a family and prepare to dazzle as we safely celebrate this most-theatrical of holidays! This outdoor open house-style event gives families and young people the chance to visit with SPARC teachers, participate in a scavenger hunt, play games, show off costumes on a runway, snap festive photos, and collect goodies along the way.
Safety first! SPARC will enact the following precautions for this event:
- All goodies will be safely packaged before the event and handled only by people wearing masks and gloves.
- Youth will collect their goody bags one at a time from a table. Items will not be passed directly from hand to hand.
- Goody bags will be nut-free.
- Face coverings are required for attendance, and traditional Halloween masks are not allowed. (See if you can find a fun way to incorporate your face covering into your costume! What kind of face covering would your character like to wear?)
- SPARC will pace entry into the parking lot to ensure that folks are able to maintain a social distance of six feet from one another while at the event. This may mean that your group will need to wait briefly in a distanced line upon arrival.
- The route through the parking lot will be one-way-only, and activity stations will be set with social distancing in mind.
- Activity stations will be no-contact and will only serve one group at a time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event.
No RSVP is required, but we do need your help to make this event happen! If you’re able to make a small donation of items, you can click here to view SPARC’s wish list for our goody bags.